Interesting day so far. My dog decided to go #2 inside our AirBnB guest room – in front of our guests. I spent a good 40 minutes washing the carpet and apologizing like a madwoman. This just might be the most embarrassing AirBnB thing to date.
The Other #2
On a more (much more) positive note,
today 2 days ago marks the end of our 2nd official month here at TFG! You can see the first month here.
I came into this blog thingy fresher than Febreeze. I should have queued up some posts before I launched TFG. Based on what Ms. FAF’s (Frugal Asian Finance) wrote – I’m #3 pure and true. I just jumped right in. I think I brought & install WordPress when I was half asleep.
But that’s good! Because I have spooky good instincts. I’m totally ESPN.
Whenever I “blackout” about doing something, it tends to turn out better than if I did it using my brain knowingly. How did you think I met my husband? I just need to trust myself on auto-pilot (which is harder than it sounds.)
Goals For June: Expectation vs Reality
2,500 views(6603 views) – literally more than half of that from Rockstar Finance! 🤘 Totally saved my rump – what a rockin’ miracle!!! 🙏 Re-compress images– Done!
- My Twitter:
1000!!! (Spicy!)(775 followers) – that’s not bad +500 in a month. I followed the advice of The Grounded Engineer but I only started two weeks ago (but it does work!)
- My Facebook “Likes” – So neglected that I consider it a win 🙂 +4 followers thanks to Othala Fehu and Steward and Slave.
- My Pinterest:
100 (Um…..^)(76 followers) – I started being kind of active on Pinterest 2 weeks ago. It’s a hard egg to crack but Ms. FAF and I are teaming up. I started Board Boosters but Tailwind is still a mystery. Ms. FAF won’t but I don’t mind panhandling for group board adds 😂!
- Guest Post – I wrote 4! One about FICO score, another about PAYE, and of course my RedFin review over at Mr.MSM.
- Write 15 Entries – FAIL. In fact, I failed so hard I even miscounted last month’s entries! I wrote 14 last month and 14 again this month.
- Create downloadable content – FAIL. I don’t have any excuses. If I don’t get it set up next month, I’m just going to do a giveaway!
- Post everyday on Rock Star Finance – Yup! Visited and/or stalked everyday 😉
YouTube! My husband thinks I’m “TV cute” so…– FAIL. I recorded a few clips. Ms. FAF can attest! I just can’t post them. They’re so bad. I had a pimple the size of a softball on my chin. IT’S PROM ALL OVER AGAIN.
Goals For July:
- 5000 views
- Twitter – 1000 followers (try, try again!)
- Pinterest – 200 followers? (Not optimistic!)
- Write 10+ Entries – (I want to focus on length and detail)
- Create downloadable content
- Thanks to Ms. FAF now I might be in a podcast now! Funsies! 😋
- Instagram – 50 followers? (I have a foodie Instagram account with 400+ followers but it has 5 or so casual high school and college friends. I blog anonymously and would prefer to keep being private.)
- Um, this one is kind of big. I was not uploading anything onto the Rockstar Finance feed for a good 2-3 weeks until Ms. FAF came along and asked me if I was showing up on the feed. I was like, “wait, what feed?” 😓 Oooups. Install WP Super Cache if you’re having this problem!
- Being in the PF community…it’s is like being submerged into a warm, clear pool of information and it’s sooooooooooooo good. Mid month in, after being in Passive Income MD and Zero Day Finance’s reading club, I thought “hey I should do that!” Then I forgot… So that’s coming up in July!
- Some new post alerts (like from the Groovies among many others) goes into my e-mail’s “promotions” tab (which I never check because it’s spam) and some post alerts goes into my Bluehost e-mail but doesn’t get forwarded into my main g-mail account. I have no idea how to correct it. Mr. MSM, BoaS, OF etc. comes into my main g-mail account no problem. This then brings up Twitter which is basically how I track new posts from bloggers now. I made a list a few days ago called “Smarter Than Me” and populated it with
sexy peoplefellow PF bloggers.**[Update] PoF brought up a possible solution!
This month has been all luck with the Rockstart feature. So I’ll be reasonable with next month. I’m still getting the hang of things but it’s loads of fun 🙂 Nothing even feels monotonous yet!
I really want to make another blog too but I have to get a hang of this one first! I think the key here is to use the weekends to schedule out posts in advance. Unfortunately, AirBnB hosts don’t get weekends off. I practice dance 2 hours everyday too. Hubby and I like to zombie out in front of RuPaul’s Drag Race (it’s his favorite show) for 3 hours but that needs to give now.
✨ Love and respect you all ✨, the rockstar PF community is amazing and I’m not just saying that because I have no real life friends (kinda).