The boy I had a crush on in 8th grade called me average. Go eat a booger Edwin. This is a mediocre post charting my first month as a blogger. I got this idea from a bunch of bloggers (thank you othala fehu, the savvy couple, and many others I tweet to on my Twitter!) who posted similar updates and I really appreciate their stats. It gives me a rudimentary foundation to aspire to even if it seems impossible right now. This is obviously kind of embarrassing…is that why some people won’t discuss money? I don’t think it was a horrible first month for someone as introverted and fresh as me. It’s not like I’m at 10 views. These 30 days have been proudly fun, thank you ALL very much! Here is my first month blogiversary and my stats. Enjoy the mediocrity?
Goal For May: Expectation vs Reality
1000 views(1110 views)
Twitter Followers: 10(335, yay!)
- Facebook “Likes”: N/A (…need to work on that.)
- Pinterest Followers: 100 (38…need to work on that too.)
Host a Guest Post(Thank you SB @ onecentatatime!)
- Be a Guest (I’m shy OK!)
Buy a professional WP theme Write 15 Entries(…if you count this one!)
Goal For June:
- 2,500 views
- Re-compress images
- Twitter Followers: 1000!!! (Spicy!)
- Facebook “Likes”: Umm…
- Pinterest Followers: 100 (Um…..^)
- Guest Post
- Write 15 Entries
- Create Downloadable Content
- Post everyday on Rock Star Finance (friendliest guys and girlets on this side of PF!)
- YouTube! My husband thinks I’m “TV cute” so…
- I didn’t take note of anything like bounce rate or incoming traffic. I do not have Google Analytics installed – should probably do that ;). I know that a good percentage of my traffic comes from Rock Star Finance (directory and forum) and other bloggers but that’s it.
- My emails subscribe thingy didn’t work for a good 2 weeks. I fixed it now but I really need to start collecting emails (by producing temptingly good content) – as of now, I have 0 subscribers. I wiped clean, updated, but I didn’t transfer…? *noob noob noob noob.*
- My theme is not working on mobile. My paid and nicely (I think) tuned layout comes as the WP default on mobile. It might be an WP plugin interference but I have no idea. It seems to be only me. Sigh!
On My Radar
I especially enjoying reading Mustard Seed Money, Bitches Get Riches (loveeeeees), Financial Samurai, Groovy, J. Money and AE’s etc. Othala Fehu has got me glued onto Reddit (bad for traffic but fun to help others). Also, I notice the majority of my list are guy bloggers but that’s because I save the girls as best for last haha. See full list!
Why I’m Blogging
Misguided Millennial asked me why I started blogging and I gave him my very truthful answer (because I asked myself the same question):
“I started blogging because I realized my privilege was being wasted and there’s nothing more ungrateful than wasting privilege on the self. I am an individual with a functioning wallet, mind, and body. I live in a country with free speech and good internet access. I have enough $$ resources and experience to get into something like finance without recourse…andddd I really like making pretty pictures for each blog entry!” Why did you guys start blogging?! Money, fame, glory? TV not good enough anymore?